NISO’s goal is to reinforce music education offered in our schools and communities, and to give students a better appreciation for the aesthetics of symphonic music. We anticipate impacting 800-1000 4th/5th/6th grade students. The educational objectives of the Concert for Children are:
- Students will experience a live symphony orchestra.
- Students will learn basic concepts of a symphony orchestra.
- Students will learn basic music vocabulary associated with the concert
- Students will study background information about the composers of the music being performed.
- Students will be inspired to participate in music.
- Click here for a glossary of terms
COMPOSERS AND MUSIC (links to Wikipedia)
Be sure to listen to the musical excerpts included in the Concert for Children Guide.
The pieces performed on this concert are popular and available at iTunes.
- You-Tube can be a wonderful source in showing videos of several of these classical performances.
- Concert etiquette is an important part in teaching your students what is appropriate behavior at a concert and what is not. The following link can be helpful in explaining expectations when attending such an event: Concert Etiquette
- The CDs may be purchased at the following websites: